This Privacy Notice aims at informing you about the personal data that IAEAC collects and the rights you can assert on the use of your personal data.
We want to be as transparent as possible on the personal data we collect. Our goal is to present to you the IAEAC confidentiality rules in a clear and simple way, in order for you to understand which data IAEAC processes and for what purpose.
Identity of the Data Controller
IAEAC is mainly a Data Controller. Processing is carried out under the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act dated 19 June 1992 (FDA/R.S 235.1) as well as the Regulation (EU) 2016 / 679 of the European parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter “General Data Protection Regulation”, “GDPR”).
IAEAC is bound to respect the principles related to data protection. In application of these principles, personal data must :
- be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- be accurate ;
- be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures;
- be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data;
- be transfered outside of Switzerland or the European Union only if the recipient State has an adequate level of personal data protection or provide with appropriate safeguards.
In compliance with the data protection Regulation, you have the right to access, question, modify, and rectify all your personal data on file. You also have the right to object to processing of personal data for legitimate reasons as well as a right to object to the use of those data for commercial prospecting in accordance with applicable regulations. On request, you may receive a copy of your personal data and you may amend any personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete. IAEAC reserves the right to refuse any abusive request or one which is contrary to the Law.
If you wish to forward a request to us, please provide us with your external enquiry to the address : email@example.com, using the appropriate contact form available under the tag “Requests”.
IAEAC is a not-for-profit organization that promotes excellence in analytical research for environmental and food monitoring. Its main strategies are the organization of conferences, workshops, symposia, provide travel grants and a scientific recognition prize of excellence. It also provides information through its webpage, social accounts and newsletter. IAEAC processes accordingly personal data in particular to serve the community and provide information on IAEAC events.
Purpose of the processing
IAEAC uses personal data in order to undertake its activities, as described above. We can also use these personal data to communicate with you.
Information to users
In compliance with the data protection regulation, IAEAC informs you here about how it processes personal data
IAEAC advises you in particular of :
- the name of the data controller ;
- the purpose of the processing ;
- the data recipient ;
- your rights ;
- the retention period.
Recipients of your personal data are mainly the Executive Committee, the Extended Executive Committee of the IAEAC for operational or analytical purposes.
IAEAC keeps your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed, in accordance with the applicable legislation.
IAEAC ensures the safety and the security of personal data by implementing enhanced data security through the use of data and logical security resources. We deploy appropriate measures at both the technological and organizational level to protect the stored personal data of our users from unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. These are consistent with the Good Practice and the latest regulations, considering the risks involved, to protect your personal data.
IAEAC shares your personal data in compliance with the applicable legislation.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
Swiss Law is applicable. The place of execution and of jurisdiction is at the registered office of IAEAC.
For any information concerning this Private Poliy, please contact IAEAC’s administration at the following mailing address . IAEAC, c/o EPFL, Case postale 52, CH-1015 Lausanne